Tuesday, October 27, 2009

In Flight

I intended calling this here submission
"Encroachment" due to a recent surge of activity encroaching upon me and others around me. Sometimes I borrow my grandfathers declaration of "going to take a flight" when I need a, ahh constitution, to pinch a loaf, drop a deuce, take the Browns to the Super Bowl? You get the idea. Yeah, our skelly shown here is definitely; "In Flight".

I get a kick out of how some people treat Halloween like it's a holy day of obligation, national holiday or some such. I've enjoyed some kooky, crazy one's granted, but what I seem to be particularly fascinated with this year, the art alone is amazing, is the Mexican holiday "Dia de Los Muertos" Day of The Dead. Hecho en Mexico and includes fiestas and celebration of the dead who are revered and not feared during the first two days in November. All Saints Day, November 1st & All Souls Day, November 2nd remembers the glory of heaven and the spiritual grace that surrounds us. I love the illustration shown here. It brings to mind the quiet, contemplative moments when we reflect on everything and nothing at all. Walk away satisfied for that brief respite, however unassuming, humble and private...

No comments: