Monday, February 01, 2010

Coyote Story

I wanted to share a little story told (Sunday, Jan. 31, 2010) yesterday in church. It's a Native American tale about a little one who comes before an elder. A grandmother tells the story of the coyote. The wise woman says humankind houses two coyotes in the heart... one is full of fear, doubt, despair, anguish, hate, impatience, dread, negativity, dark thoughts and the other coyote contains love, peace, joy, confidence, trust, faith, hope, strength, courage, resilience. power.. the child with a tilt of the head is completely unsure and asks; "which one wins" grandmother responds; "the one you feed"

The story's ending so simple, little, yet big as can be & caught me by surprise. Made me sit up tall and be glad I have the capacity to feed the hungry coyote in me, what i need to be better ~

No comments: