Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day

April 22, 2008 Happy Birthday John Christopher! Sophie's "good ton"

Yes, Mother Earth, Tierra Madre, how incredibly precious you are to me, to all of us, everyone, everywhere, then, here, now, until time wears out. Humanity and the world starving for respect.
So sorrowfully and soulfully Marvin Gay sums-up the delicate nature of our environment in The Ecology Song, also referred to as Mercy, Mercy Me. Amazingly this 1970's anthem is as timelss and significant today as it was over 30 years ago.

Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology Song)
Woo ah, mercy mercy me
Ah things ain't what they used to be, no no
Where did all the blue skies go?
Poison is the wind that blows from the north and south and east
Woo mercy, mercy me, mercy father
Ah things ain't what they used to be, no no
Oil wasted on the ocean and upon our seas, fish full of mercury
Ah oh mercy, mercy me
Ah things ain't what they used to be, no no
Radiation under ground and in the sky
Animals and birds who live nearby are dying
Oh mercy, mercy me
Ah things ain't what they used to be
What about this overcrowded land
How much more abuse from man can she stand?
Oh, na na...
My sweet Lord... No
My Lord... My sweet Lord




No comments: