Friday, September 19, 2008

Them, They, Those, Ours, Others, Us, We, You, Me

Fireflies ~ Today I saw a women who was wearing a skirt. Her legs looked like they had been badly burned. She had to have overcome so much physical and emotional pain but the scars remain. I wondered what caused those horrendous wounds. Was she the victim of someones cruelty? Did she fall into a bathtub with scalding hot water? What happened? I thanked God she was seemingly fine now, able to walk about, an attractive women who walked with purpose. Also thankful for anyone who cared for, loved and helped her to heal and those who love and care for her now. The precept; "There go I but for the Grace of God." comes to mind, from a letter the apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians; ...But for the grace shown to me was not wasted. Instead, I worked harder than the others, not I, of course, but God's Grace that was with me.

Later in the day I saw another women in a wheel chair traversing her way across traffic moving, rolling in the direction of a parking lot. It required extra effort on her part and I'm sure is the general nature of her life, in contrast to what able bodied people do without barriers. The women in the wheel chair, so often going face to face with obstacles. I retreated again, to a place of prayer for all of those who have so much to bear in they're lives, down trodden, heavy hearted, afflicted in some way by poor health, economic hardship, social discourse, unbalance, constant unrest... It is humbling and right that I remind myself to take stock of my countless blessings, the abundance, comfort and conveniences.

The Dalai Lama said; "This is my simple religion; There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is KINDNESS." It makes sense and very much within humanities scope. Our sensibilities realize this innately. Prayer, simple prayer, ....a holy thought, taking only a moment to project kindness, compassion. We can emit these priceless and essential neccesities of the soul.

I believe, IOU me, for showing me how to offer LOVE and PEACE. I promise to pass along simple yet powerful prayer, reassured that somehow in the whole vibrational scheme of things and sphere of life it truly matters and makes a difference...resonates and is bigger than all the aching and pains of life.

Sincerely,
me

No comments: