Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Fireflies ><

Steaking, bouncing, rolling along their way to the next place in the world, moving across our path, placed there as if by divine appointment. Getting on about their business to take into our hearts, so simple and inspiring, pulling at our heart strings with a quiet voice we either hear and consider with sensitivity or we don't.

We don't see fireflies in this neck of the woods, island, part of the world etc. Unless you count the guy, walking with the purpose and confidence of a young buck sure of himself; the doctor, pilot, banker, bronco buster. The youngish looking fellow traversed the busy intersection with an energetic stride. Rush hour traffic scurried to and fro as the firefly went about his way with the dignity of a nobel giant. His walking stick guiding his path, navigating him along the street and sidewalks.
Did I mention the guy was blind?

Another firefly that caught my eye, I'd like to note while still fresh on my mind; A youngish girl driving down the boulevard crying, weeping with what looked like seering pain on her face. It was a split second glance that made me wonder what made her cry?
Did she just receive bad news, an argument, grief stricken perhaps? maybe just raging hormones? Whatever prompted that pain, I could almost feel it myself. You know letting go of tears is letting go of toxic waste, isn't so bad except for the safety factor while driving, actually is a good place to have a good cry.

Another firefly I happen to come across today was also spotted in passing while driving on the road. She was an elderly women walking, bent, small and delicate in stature, humble and unassuming. She wore a scarf on her head, perhaps to hold her newly done hair together or to protect her from the sun? The modesty of elders is humbling and keeps my ego in check as a reminder of how to go about my daily walk in life. Keep it real, simple and unpretentious. I think I have a thing or two thousand to learn from fireflies. ><

No comments: