Monday, October 27, 2008

* Falling Star *

Just daydreaming at twilight about the wild blue yonder. I was standing outside watching the sky, wondering about this; the air I breath, earth, it's inhabitants, the ocean of questions, mysteries and quizzical ways of the world...that; that I would be placed right where I am, this time and space...the other thing; matters of the heart, conditions of the mind and body, life, death, resurection, redemption, the distance between people, planets, galaxies, the stars...creation.

Wonder how the sky would look if the trail of a falling star remained, reappeared now and then depending on several variables? Perhaps when something extraordinary, earth shattering sad, spectacular or divine occures... subsequent strips of platinum and chrome, mercurial motion from fallen stars become visible and harkens only the ones who need to see it to soothe their soul. The silver streak disappears almost as instantly as it soars across the dark, distant atmosphere, etched into the firmament like a random ray of brilliance doodled, scratched-out on a black, deep blue, blank page. The sky becomes one big shimmering band and vein of light, a massive strip of shiny blusterous radiance.

My chest flutters with the celestial streamline surprise, truly serendipitous as the razor thin lightbeam stretches across the southwestern sky. My spirit in flight at the immediate spellbinding sight... simple enough... no big deal really but the vision flashes a smile, grinning, somehow filling me with hope, making me happy with it's fleeting presence... something to hold on to if only for that custom made, yet ever so brief moment. The panoramic, vast, opulent design in all it's precise perfection, for me to reflect on and marvel at. A sharp quick dance, strut, dash of exuberant energy. The spirit of the shiny star falling seems to peak out around the heavenly curtain making sure I see it, feel it, be awe struck by it's magic... only to race away, out of sight, leaving me eagerly, inviting, anticipating, watching and waiting for more *

No comments: